Subject: Re: help!!!
From: Henrik Norberg <[email-masked]>
To: "Post Msg To List (AMOS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 23:07:46 +0100

24-Sep-96, Frank Smit wrote:

>I need help and fast.
>I have a monitor that only has the resolution VGA - Multiscan.
>But when I startup AMOS I can't read anything.
>because AMOS startup with PAL. :(

>How can I startup AMOS so I can do my programming again??

AMOS only works with 15kHz screens.

Which Amiga model do you have?
If you have a big box Amiga you could get a flickerfixer/scandoubler card
to make all 15kHz screens 30kHz.

Or you could use two monitors. Buy a used 1081/1084. Should be cheap these days.
I don't know if there is some kind of cable that gives you two monitor ports. If not, you
will have to switch manually between the monitors. Might not be a good idea though.

Your last option is to buy a multisync. Look for a used 1950/1960 for around $200.

It's a hardware problem. No software can help you. Sorry.

This 15kHz thing is something that really annoys me. I have a multisync (1960). But I also have a
graphics card and the 1960 is not good enough for a graphics card. You can't get a 70Hz
screen, nor can you get the really big screenmodes (anything above 800x600 is a problem).

A cheap SVGA monitor would give me all this, but then AMOS wouldn't work any more.

So if I want to continue to use AMOS I have to buy either an expensive multisync or a 
combination of a scandoubler and an SVGA monitor.

If I weren't in the middle of a very big game project (big for me that is), I would delete
AMOS and get a cheap SVGA monitor and forget all about it.

BTW, the game I'm working on is a space strategy game very much like Microprose
game, Master of Orion. You can have a look at it on my webpage (address below).
But be warned there's not much there yet. I'm working on it though.

---------------------------------------------------
Henrik Norberg
 Member of Team AMIGA [TA membership since 03/96]
  http://www.informatik.umu.se/~friv9531/index.html
---------------------------------------------------